Saturday, June 26, 2010

Best Trend Ever : Brunch (or Bruncheon)




So, here's the story, I love brunch. I know alot of you out there are sitting there thinking "what the hell is she on about? Brunch? Is that a foreign word?" BUT NO, brunch is the best of both worlds, it's a delicious medley of breakfast and lunch, which, in short, means that its perfect. How so, you ask?
WELL, let me tell you all about it
1) breakfast is served before 9:00am. To me, any time before 9:00am does not exist, and therefore makes breakfast impossible (which is funny because I usually work at 6 in the morning.. feel sorry for me)
2) lunch is served right smack dab in the middle of my day, when I'm usually about to, or in the middle of, do/ing better and more important things. It's an interruption, an annoyance, and, most of the time, doesnt have super awesome food. It's just sort of half assed.
Brunch, however, is served anytime from 9:30 to 11:30 in the morning, in those beautific two hours, anything is possible. You could start your day with a hamburger, or waffles, or french toast, or hell, even an omlet with peppers, ham, and enough cheese to keep even that one french guy I know happy ( ps. I do love the french. I will however, make fun of them occasionally. In a loving way). Goddamnit, you could probably even have a steak, even though I feel that that treads precariously close to dinner territory.
I mean, shit, you could even have a bruncheon buffet. (Bruncheon!)
OH, and did I mention, that with brunch, you can start your day the classy way with a morning mimosa? You can disguise your champagne with OJ. Normally you wouldnt be able to do that, because booze for breakfast is NOT OK. But this is Brunch, brunch is magical this way, and because you're brunching (its a verb!)you can drink whilst you brunch (he, she, it, brunches). And that, I tell you, is what we call an Opportunity.

The moral of the story is that if I had my way of things, I would cut out breakfast and lunch, and I would just eat Brunch and Dinner every single day.

ps. Brunch, or the act of telling someone that you're "going to brunch" just gives you the opportunity to seem utterly new-money classy, and man alive isnt that fun? PLUS, you can dress for brunch. I don't know about you, but lordy lordy do I love the option of dressing things up or down, and for brunch, you can do either.

See what I mean? Its perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment